27 August 2010

Oh my friend



           Chill wind blew in..
          through the half closed window.
          slowly, like an intruder!
          carrying the essence 
          of darkness! outside..
The tone, of lifeless waves
lapped in my ears.
It came in,slowly, slowly
without any haste.

I laid awake,cuddled
by its soft hands.

The wind made the balloons
dance in the air!
which laid on the floor
as the remnant,of a grand celebration!

I am happy..happier than ever!
sudden thoughts creeping over me,
of you,
who made me 'what I am'!

You helped me,in my troubles
as a dutiful friend
cared me,when I longed for it,
as a loving brother.

It was you,who gave me
a hand, at those sad nights,
But..I couldn't make you smile!

I learned from you,
the true meaning of life..
you taught me,the
first lessons of hard work.
And I listened, locked it safe,
to achieve a good tomorrow...

But, what happened between 
You and Me?
Love had nothing to do with it
neither hate!
I looked at the fading Polaroid 
photos, and
tried to believe they are happening...
But, you and me,not happening!

Iterating thoughts..tranquility!!

I still believe,
You'll one day, step into my life
like this cool breeze
and take me back
to those beautiful days !

Remembering you..


( The italicised stanza is purely et's contribution )

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering that somehow those italicized verses sort of stand apart from the rest of the verses. Got the answer.

    Beautiful verses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, you found an exact image for the poem :)
    And, the verses are all yours, alice, I only gave you some phrase pointers, which is scattered here and there in the poem. The creativity is all yours! :h
    You're doing well!

    ReplyDelete